Seamless polling app
Thank you for using Dropoll! We're happy you're here. Please read this Terms of Service agreement carefully before accessing or using Dropoll. Because it is such an important contract between us and our users, we have tried to make it as clear as possible. For your convenience, we have presented these terms in a short non-binding summary followed by the full legal terms.
1. Required Information You must provide a valid email address, password & user name in order to complete the signup process. Any other information requested is optional, unless you are accepting these terms on behalf of a legal entity (in which case we need more information about the legal entity).
2. Account Requirements We have a few simple rules for accounts on Dropoll's Service
▶ You must be a human to create an account. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted. We do permit machine accounts:
▶ A machine account is an account set up by an individual human who accepts the Terms on behalf of the account, provides a valid email address, and is responsible for its actions. A machine account is used exclusively for performing automated tasks. Multiple users may direct the actions of a machine account, but the owner of the account is ultimately responsible for the machine's actions. You may maintain no more than one free machine account in addition to your free personal account.
▶ One person or legal entity may maintain no more than one free account (if you choose to control a machine account as well, that's fine, but it can only be used for running a machine).
3. User Account Security
You are responsible for keeping your account secure while you use our Service.
▶ You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
▶ You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Dropoll cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
▶ You will promptly notify Dropoll if you become aware of any unauthorized use of, or access to, our Service through your account, including any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Short version: While using the service, you must follow this Acceptable Use Policy, which includes some restrictions on content you can post, conduct on the service, and other limitations. In short, be excellent to each other.
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations Your use of the Website and Service must not violate any applicable laws, including copyright or trademark laws, export control laws, or other laws in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for making sure that your use of the Service is in compliance with laws and any applicable regulations.
2. Content Restrictions:
You agree that you will not under any circumstances upload, post, host, or transmit any content that:
▶ is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
▶ is or contains sexually obscene content;
▶ is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
▶ is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
▶ contains or installs any active malware or exploits, or uses our platform for exploit delivery (such as part of a command and control system); or
▶ infringes on any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other rights.
3. Conduct Restrictions
While using Dropoll, you agree that you will not under any circumstances:
▶ harass, abuse, threaten, or incite violence towards any individual or group, including Dropoll employees, officers, and agents, or other Dropoll Users;
▶ use our servers for any form of excessive automated bulk activity (for example, spamming), or relay any other form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers, such as get-rich-quick schemes;
▶ attempt to disrupt or tamper with Dropoll's servers in ways that could harm our Website or Service, to place undue burden on Dropoll's servers through automated means, or to access Dropoll's Service in ways that exceed your authorization (other than those authorized by the Dropoll Bug Bounty program);
▶ impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false association with Dropoll, or by fraudulently misrepresenting your identity or site's purpose; or
▶ violate the privacy of any third party, such as by posting another person's personal information without consent.
4. Services Usage Limits You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without Dropoll's express written permission.
5. Scraping Scraping refers to extracting data from our Website via an automated process, such as a bot or webcrawler. It does not refer to the collection of information through Dropoll's API. You may scrape the website for the following reasons:
▶ Researchers may scrape public, non-personal information from Dropoll for research purposes, only if any publications resulting from that research are open access.
▶ Archivists may scrape Dropoll for public data for archival purposes.
▶ You may not scrape Dropoll for spamming purposes, including for the purposes of selling Dropoll users' personal information, such as to recruiters, headhunters, and job boards.
6. Privacy Misuse of Dropoll Users' Personal Information is prohibited. Any person, entity, or service collecting data from Dropoll must comply with the Dropoll Privacy Statement, particularly in regards to the collection of our Users' Personal Information (as defined in the Dropoll Privacy Statement). If you collect any Dropoll User's Personal Information from Dropoll, you agree that you will only use the Personal Information you gather for the purpose for which our User has authorized it. You agree that you will reasonably secure any Personal Information you have gathered from Dropoll, and you will respond promptly to complaints, removal requests, and "do not contact" requests from Dropoll or Dropoll Users.
7. Excessive Bandwidth Use If we determine your bandwidth usage to be significantly excessive in relation to other Dropoll customers, we reserve the right to suspend your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
9. User Protection You agree not to engage in activity that significantly harms our Users. We will resolve disputes in favor of protecting our Users as a whole
Short version: You own content you create, but you allow us certain rights to it, so that we can display and share the content you post. You still have control over your content, and responsibility for it, and the rights you grant us are limited to those we need to provide the service. We have the right to remove content or close accounts if we need to.
1. Responsibility for User-Generated Content You may create or upload User-Generated Content while using the Service. You are solely responsible for the content of, and for any harm resulting from, any User-Generated Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service, regardless of the form of that Content. We are not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User-Generated Content.
2. Dropoll May Remove Content We do not pre-screen User-Generated Content, but we have the right (though not the obligation) to refuse or remove any User-Generated Content that, in our sole discretion, violates any Dropoll terms or policies.
3. Ownership of Content, Right to Post, and License Grants You retain ownership of and responsibility for Content you create or own ("Your Content"). If you're posting anything you did not create yourself or do not own the rights to, you agree that you are responsible for any Content you post; that you will only submit Content that you have the right to post; and that you will fully comply with any third party licenses relating to Content you post.
Short version: We want our users to be informed of important changes to our terms, but some changes aren't that important — we don't want to bother you every time we fix a typo. So while we may modify this agreement at any time, we will notify users of any changes that affect your rights and give you time to adjust to them.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to amend these Terms of Service at any time and will update these Terms of Service in the event of any such amendments. We will notify our Users of material changes to this Agreement, such as price changes, at least 30 days prior to the change taking effect by posting a notice on our Website. For non-material modifications, your continued use of the Website constitutes agreement to our revisions of these Terms of Service. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice.